Wednesday, September 7, 2016

In the Open- Part II

Posted: September 7, 2016

This is a hard decision and I believe most writers would side with me on my carefulness.  Even though I am very cautious with what I put online, and the fear of stolen work is heavily on my mind, I have decided that I will give you, my beautiful readers, a taste of what I can do.  I will take you on a journey.  A short story journey.

Over the next 3-5 blogs or so, I will give you a nice, simple, short story.  This will allow you to get a feel for my writing style and how I narrate, how I compose.  I humbly ask that you be patient and understanding if it doesn’t quite work out the way I want.  I might have to go back and fix things.  If this happens I will alert you to any changes.  Hopefully I will be skilled enough to get it right the first time.

I am putting myself out there…in the open.  If it isn’t great, well, then I can’t say I didn’t try.  At times writing can be a lot like sight reading music.  You might make mistakes as you go along the way, but if you remember nobody is perfect and try your best, the next time you play, the better it becomes.

Therefore, this will not be the first short story I will publish on my blog, and just like running through the music again, the next time will be a better attempt.

Thank you for reading. 

Tomorrow should prove interesting.

-Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment